Wednesday, February 24, 2010

EXERCISE!

Ugh! I have never been one to enjoy exercising, but have remained lucky that I do not gain a ton of weight for being lazy. :) Well, we made the decision to join a gym a couple of weeks ago. Amazingly, it has been a great experience and I enjoy going. We are able to go with some of our friends which makes it a more enjoyable experience. I have just been focusing on a lot of cardio activities to get into better shape. It has been a great de-stressor. I have noticed that since I have been working out that I feel more guilty about what I eat. I mean you can walk on a treadmill for an hour and only burn like 300 calories! So those cookies at work are a lot easier to turn down now! :) I want to do the classes they offer, but I have so much going on right now! Can't wait to start going to Zumba and kick/sculpt on Monday nights. So....Keep me accountable! What are your favorite things to do during a work out?

3 comments:

  1. Good for you on exercising! We are trying to get up the motivation to train for a 1/2 marathon at the end of the year, but so far, we haven't done much about it! What gym are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to try zumba but i'm a total uncoordinated dork, ha! you'll have to tell me how it is, all my friends back in nashville do it and love it. right now i can't really afford a gym membership so i run which i love but i miss swimming and being able to do classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We joined Anytime Fitness in Boiling Springs. It is small and you can go "anytime." :) I really like it.

    ReplyDelete