Monday, April 26, 2010

Couch to 5k Update

The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

Almost a month ago I started the couch to 5k running plan. Don't ask me why, but for some reason I decided I wanted to be a runner. When I started I could barely run 2 minutes straight without feeling like I was dying. Well, I have pushed through and finished up week 3 on Saturday. I even went above and beyond what my requirements were. Week 3 consisted of running 90 seconds, walking 90 seconds, running 3 minutes, walking 3 minutes and you do 2 repetitions. So when I finished my 2 repetitions I decided to get to 2 miles since I only needed a 1/2 a mile to finish. I ran the whole 1/2 a mile!!!! I know that doesn't seem like much, but that is huge for me. It feels great to run and it's a huge stress reliever! I had a lot to run off that day so it felt good! I was so excited about running this week before our cruise but managed to do this to my foot at Frankie's Fun Park:
Therefore, I will be taking a few days off to make sure I don't injure my foot anymore. I feel so blah when I don't workout so I hope it heals soon!!

On Saturday, I went to a simulcast at my church. Beth Moore was the speaker. She is AMAZING!! She was talking about her new book So Long Insecurity. I haven't read it yet, but it sounds great. Why are we such an insecure society?? Pick it up and let me know what you think!
So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us

No comments:

Post a Comment